Pistachio Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 20 medium mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- Butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup fine dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped shelled Organic Santa Barbara Pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely. Reserve caps.
- Saute the stems and onion in ¼ cup butter or margarine until tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram, and salt, mixing well. Remove from heat.
- Place the mushrooms caps, stem-side up, on a baking sheet. Fill the centers with the stuffing and sprinkle about 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat source for 5 minutes or until browned and heated through.